AForge.NET Framework 2.2.5 Release Notes
The version updates licensing of AForge.Video.FFMPEG component, which is now released
under GPL v3 license (due to dependency on GPL build of FFMPEG library). The rest of
the framework remains LGPL v3 licensed.
Version updates and fixes:
- Fixed registered issues/requests:
- Issue 159: IAMCameraControl support and Microsoft LifeCam frame size fix;
- Issue 293: FilterInfo properties modifier change;
- Issue 296: AForge.Imaging.Filters mono support;
- Issue 297: OtsuThreshold Filter problem;
- Issue 302: Sobel filter crashes on 228x240 32bit PNG;
- Issue 304: Building AForge.Video.ffmpeg.dll with spaces in path names. Fix included.;
- Issue 311: add support for 32bpp RGB to motion processing;
- Issue 314: IActivationFunction implementing ICloneable;
- Issue 317: Screen capture IVideoSource;
- Issue 326: Camera Control to set focus, exposure, and manual control;
- Issue 329: Support for keeping aspect ratio in VideoSourcePlayer;
- Issue 331: AForge.Math.Geometry.GrahamConvexHull FindHull;
- Issue 337: UnmanagedImage should call AddMemoryPressure and RemoveMemoryPressure;
- Issue 341: ContrastCorrection wrong if factor == 1;
- Issue 349: Implement Serializable for Matrix and Vector classes.
- Added SquaredDistanceTo() method to Point/IntPoint/DoublePoint, which returns square of Euclidean distance.
- Small fix to AForge.Parallel.For() - don't keep reference to for-loop's delegate, so GC could collect when needed.
- Fixed GrahamConvexHull so it handles correctly lists with 1 point only. Unit test is added.
- Added [Serializable] attribute to Vector3/4 and Matrix3x3/4x4 structures.
- Set minimum allowed value for ColorFactor, ColorPower, SpatialFactor and SpatialPower properties of
BilateralSmoothing to 1.
- Added ProcessGapsWithImageBorders property to Horizontal/Vertical Run Length Smoothing filter, which
allows to set if gaps between image borders and objects should be also filled or skipped.
- Fixed setting DPI resolution of result image which was failing before on Mono.
- Fixed OtsuThreshold bug, which was leading to wrong threshold calculation for images with highest intensity
maller than 255.
- Fixed blobs' color standard deviation calculation for 8bpp grayscale images.
- Fixed Sobel edge detector so it does not write beyond image buffer when doing intensity scaling step.
- Added 32 bpp RGB pixel format to the list of supported formats for motion processing classes.
- Minor fix for HSL to RGB conversion to make sure Alpha byte is always set to 255.
- Allow creating instance of replace channel filters without specifying image for the channel to replace.
- Added usage System.GC.RemoveMemoryPressure()/AddMemoryPressure() to UnmanagedImage allocate/deallocation code.
- Fixed factor check in Contrast Correction image processing filter.
- Added implementation of ICloneable interface to activation functions.
- Increased buffer size for JPEG/MJEPG stream reader classes.
- Added ScreenCaptureStream class which captures specified rectangle of the screen. Added demo of its
usage to Player sample application.
- Updated FilterInfo class, so Name and MonikerString are no longer read only fields but read only properties.
- Added locking for access to video/snapshot capabilities cache and available inputs cache, so those are
not access simultaneously from multiple threads.
- Fixed setting crossbar's video input for devices which may have multiple inputs of the same type (like capture boards).
- Refactoring setting of video/snapshot resolution in VideoCaptureDevice, so user can specify only values
from the list of supported.
- A workaround introduced for Windows 8 issues when ICaptureGraphBuilder2::RenderStream() fails on 12 bpp format.
Such formats are simply ignored for now.
- Added code for setting/getting camera properties.
- Fixed post build step for AForge.Video.FFMPEG, so it builds fine when path name contains spaces.
- Updating version of FFMPEG library being used to 2012-01-27 - the last version before API got changed.
- Merged the fix which adds property allowing to keep aspect ratio in VideoSourcePlayer.
- The Qwerk class is marked as deprecated.
- The RCXBrick class is marked as deprecated.
See release notes of 2.2.4 version to get information
about changes in the previous version.