AForge.NET Framework 2.1.3 Release Notes
Version updates and fixes:
- Fixed registered issues/requests:
- Issue 132: Adjustable Threshold for blob counter;
- Issue 135: Convert from Format16bppGrayScale to Format8bppIndexed is missing;
- Issue 136: Enhancement to disable reference clock on DirectShow graphs;
- Issue 137: Improvement request for svs;
- Issue 138: Enable amendment of Population size on the fly.
- Adding interface for shape optimizers its 3 implementations:
- Added SimpleShapeChecker
class for checking simple geometrical shapes.
- Bug fix in GrahamConvexHull - don't process points with same coordinates as the first point.
- Few updates to PointsCloud.FindQuadrilateralCorners():
- Bug fix - wrong points were used to compare distances between points;
- Using relative distortion limit instead of hard-coded constants for checking if certain points are far away enough;
- Searching first point as the furthest from shape's centre, instead of from (0, 0) point of coordinates system.
- Fixing SusanCornersDetector - don't dispose internal grey image in the case if greyscale image was given as input.
- Increasing size limits for convolution's kernel size and structuring element of morphological operators. The limit is set to 99.
The benefit of such big kernels is not clear, but if users want it and ready to wait until such lengthy image processing
is done, then why not to give it to them.
- Added background threshold property to blob counters, so thresholding step could be skipped in many cases.
- Adding LevelsLinear16bpp
image processing filter, which is similar to LevelsLinear, but designed for images with 16 bpp planes - 16 bpp grayscale or 48/64 bpp images.
- Added two methods into AForge.Imaging.Image class: Convert16bppTo8bpp() and Convert8bppTo16bpp() which perform conversion
of images with 16 bpp color planes to images with 8 bpp color planes and vice versa.
- Few minor improvements to CannyEdgeDetector: changed from double to int type for those variables, which are really integer;
removed incrementing index variable, which is not used inside of a loop; clarified documentation about hysteresis.
- Putting check of IsRunning property into Start() method of all video sources, so it checks if video source is really running or not.
Checking thread variable for null was not a good check if user calls SignalToStop() without further WaitForStop().
- Merging the code contributed by Jeremy Noring, which allows to disable reference clock
of a DirectShow graph allowing to process video files as fast as possible.
- Fixing Population.FindBestChromosome() method to make sure that a chromosome will be selected even if all chromosome have fitness value equal to 0.
- Added Population.Resize() method which allows to resize genetic population during its lifetime.
- Added SVS.ServosBank.Bank0, so users could control servos connected to TMR2-1 and TMR3-1 of
SVS board (in the case of some custom set-up).
- Added Shape Checker sample application to demonstrate usage of SimpleShapeChecker class.
See release notes of 2.1.2 version to get information
about changes in the previous version.