AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Couple of questions

Forum to discuss Glyph Recognition And Tracking Framework project, its features, applications, etc.

Couple of questions

Postby Seto Kaiba » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 am

Hey,

I tried adding a model today but it doesn't appear on the list. This model had no separate texture file but it still doesn't appear. I tried multiple different .fbx file versions, 2006 - 2012 as well as ASCII and Binary, the project compiles fine but there is still nothing there in the list. I opened your ship objects in 3DS Max and I see there is some kind of a box, I am guessing it defines how big the object is allowed to be, so i copied my own object and put it in there instead of a ship and than I exported that and replaced ship5.fbx with it, when I ran the program my object appeared but it was really weird, as if it was missing a huge portion. Anyways, here is the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?51g7avd9g2v2ch2

can you test it and tell me if there is something wrong with it.

As for the second question, would it be possible to lock object in place once its detected. Meaning, when the camera sees the glyph it displays the object, and than locks it there, and if the camera is moved so that it can't see the whole glyph the object still stays there instead of disappearing.

Thanks a lot.
Seto Kaiba

Re: Couple of questions

Postby Seto Kaiba » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:47 am

Anybody going to answer?
Seto Kaiba

Postby mitko29 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Seto Kaiba wrote:Anybody going to answer?

Well I think that you don't receive a answer , because you are asking questions ,about XNA and 3D modeling which are not a part of GRATF project.
But,I will answer to your second question :
in the xna class when you draw your model, you have something like this - effect.World = Matrix.CreateTranslation(this.model.position); and so on in order to stop the model , moving each time your glyph move you don't have to update the world effect,you just have to start it once the model is loaded.
mitko29

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 pm

About the second question ... If your marker disappears (partially) from the scene and is not found/recognized as a result, then you may try calculating its position if you have another object/marker on the scene. Suppose you have 2 objects on the scene - A and B. You calculate position/rotation of both in the world. Then if one of them disappears, you can still try finding its position/rotation if you can find another object. If both objects don't move, but only camera moves, then you can calculate translation from one coordinate/rotation to another. Then you can use that translation to calculate position of the disappeared object.

About the first question ... It was already clearly answered in the previous post - the project is not about XNA. So if you have XNA related issues, you are welcome to google for the appropriate discussion board.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to GRATF