AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Finding text within a blob

The forum is to discuss topics related to different areas of image processing and computer vision.

Finding text within a blob

Postby rhpillai » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 am

hi Andrew,

I'm trying to find text(as blob and not OCR) within a blob to inspect its quality. But i'm unable to understand how to do that.
Attaching an image for reference.
I was able to detect and number the outer blob(yellow) and find its information. But I also want to detect the text within the yellow blob and check its quality.
How do I do this?
Attachments
sample - Copy - Copy.png
sample - Copy - Copy.png (4.24 KiB) Viewed 294 times
rhpillai

Re: Finding text within a blob

Postby rhpillai » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:50 am

Hi,

I created another set of calculations and extracted the text using the GS/threshold/blobsize filters.
I got the text that I wanted as well as the yellow blob details.
What im trying to do now is, calculate the result of a particular set of blobs(Z51 from one yellow circle), how can I get a combined data for those 3 blobs instead of all the blobs(24 letters) in the image. I can indivisually check the blob information of each letter based on their ID, but how do I group the 3 blobs as 1 ID.?
Attachments
123.png
123.png (15.92 KiB) Viewed 291 times
rhpillai

Re: Finding text within a blob

Postby andrew.kirillov » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello,

rhpillai wrote:but how do I group the 3 blobs as 1 ID.?

You can not group them with the provided functionality. You get X/Y coordinates and size for each blob - this may help you to build some grouping logic on your side. But from the Blob Counter point of view those will be separate blobs.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to Image Processing and Computer Vision