AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Sentence Recognition

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

Sentence Recognition

Postby bob3695 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Hello,

I am starting research into some sentence recognition and was hoping you guys might tell me if I am heading in the right direction... I am thinking about using Nerual networks (I think I spelled that right! ;) ). Basically what I am trying to accomplish is this:

I give the Nerual network the following string (with research I am finding I might need to convert the string into some number representation it seems):

Can you please turn on the livingroom light?

And from that sentence it recognizes the following:

turn on livingroom

Another example:

What is the weather like in New York City?

and from the sentence it recognizes or determines basically that the following is being requested:

Weather New Work City

The examples are just to show what I am trying to accomplish and the actually application is slightly different but this gets what I am trying to do. I looked through your samples and found that there are none that show anything really similar to pattern matching for text.

Is this something that can be done with ANN? If not I will not spend time chasing down this route and wasting time :P but if it is something that can be done with ANN, are there any examples or does anyone have suggestions of where to start?
bob3695

Re: Sentence Recognition

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Hello,

Since you decided to post in "AForge.NET Framework" discussion board (did you read its description), could you clarify how exactly your topic is related to the framework? If you have any questions related to the framework, OK - ask them. If not, then it is off-topic.

It seems like there are some problems with people doing sentence recognition, not just with ANNs ...
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to AForge.NET Framework