AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

BlobCounter Crashing

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

BlobCounter Crashing

Postby magarwal87 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 am

hi

I am using the FillHoles filter from the Imaging library. My application is applying many filters on the frames received from a Network camera. After letting it run for some time, Application crashes with AccessViolationException from the BlobCounterBase::CollectObjectsInfo function at the following line

g = *src;

The image dimensions are perfectly fine, i even checked the image that went into the filter, it is also good.

There is no such case of multi-threading. The frame that is being processed by the filter is not getting accessed anywhere else.
I have tried both Apply and ApplyInPlace function. But the crash is still there.

Any Help?
magarwal87

Re: BlobCounter Crashing

Postby andrew.kirillov » Mon May 08, 2017 6:57 am

Hello,

magarwal87 wrote:i even checked the image that went into the filter, it is also good.

In this case, grab that image. Then create a very simple test application, which just loads this image and performs same image processing on it. See if it crashes or not.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: BlobCounter Crashing

Postby magarwal87 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks Andrew for the quick response.

Tried what you said. Applied the same filter on that image and it succeeds.

This problem is only occurring in Release build, Debug version works just fine.
Also, the Crash doesn't happen immediately, Its happening after I leave the application running for an hour or two. Checked the memory and CPU usage, both remain normal throughout as well as at the time of crash.
magarwal87

Return to AForge.NET Framework