AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

Logitech SmartDock HDMI Capture connectivity inconsistent

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

Logitech SmartDock HDMI Capture connectivity inconsistent

Postby SamHerbert-Hale » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Using the Simple Player found here

http://www.aforgenet.com/framework/samples/video.html

When I select my Logitech SmartDock HDMI Capture device in the list of local video capture devices, it fails to connect every other time. If I change the feed to either the front or rear camera and change back, it is able to show the connected computer successfully. However, and this is strange, if I change the feed to another camera again and switch back, it fails to connect as it did before - I need to repeat the process again in order for it to start showing.

This behavior is not limited to the Simply Player example, but it is a quick way of showing the behavior. It seems that the Start method on the VideoCaptureDevice class is not able to start this device every time.

No exceptions are being thrown from what I'm seeing, so this is very difficult to troubleshoot.
SamHerbert-Hale

Re: Logitech SmartDock HDMI Capture connectivity inconsisten

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am

It is hard to say for sure what is going wrong. I don't have this camera, so can not help with debugging this issue. But you can. If you can see that the camera was found, but nothing comes out of it, then it looks like something fails when creating Direct Show graph for it. I would suggest same as I did on the other thread - get source code of the AForge.NET Framework and debug with it; see which step gets failing.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Return to AForge.NET Framework