AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

DocumentSkewChecker question

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

DocumentSkewChecker question

Postby Christopher.Coy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello all,

I'm adding some DocumentSkewChecker code into my app, and for whatever reason, the skew angle coming back is either 0 or -90. I wanted to post this earlier, because I felt I was using it appropriately (based on the examples and documentation), but before I did, I pulled the code out and made a sample app to demonstrate the problem. Unfortunately for me and my sanity, the sample program I made works beautifully, and returns the skew angle as -0.4 to -0.7, which was in line with what I had expected.

I've tried removing and re-adding the AForge references in my VB .NET 2008 program, compared project configurations, etc., and am really frustrated. Any clues as to what could be wrong?

I also thought it was interesting that no matter if I left the default for MaxSkewToDetect, or set it to something smaller (say, 5.0), I can still get -90 back for my skew angle.

Thanks much,
Chris
Christopher.Coy

Re: DocumentSkewChecker question

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Hello Chris,

Hard to say for sure what could be wrong. If you could attach a sample image, this would help.

Please, make sure you have a document with white background and black characters on it. Also make sure that the documented is not rotated more than -45 to 45 degrees. The class is not aimed to check any possible rotation of documents.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Postby Christopher.Coy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Andrew,

The image is barely rotated at all (0.5 degrees). However, the OCR app I'm using seems to be sensitive to this sort of thing.

I'm guessing it's a configuration/deployment problem.

I had it working for a minute, and then it reverted back after I did another build. Not even sure what, if anything, I changed. I may have to hit up the MSDN forums...

Thanks,
Chris
Christopher.Coy

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Chris,

If you don't have NDAs or privacy related to your images, then you may just post a single sample image - will take a look.
With best regards,
Andrew

andrew.kirillov

Postby XTREME » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Can i use DocumentSkewChecker for color images? if not then is there an alternate for de-skewing color images?
XTREME

Postby andrew.kirillov » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 am

No. As the name suggests, it is only for documents.
With best regards,
Andrew

andrew.kirillov

Return to AForge.NET Framework