AForge.NET

:: AForge.NET Framework :: Articles :: Forums ::

How to add a new Type of Camera

Forum to discuss AForge.NET Framework, its features, API, how-tos, etc.

How to add a new Type of Camera

Postby jannoxi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello,
I am new in AForge.Net and in my first Steps i try some Cameras.
With the onBoard Web Cam and an Industrial 10 Mp Monocrome Basler everything works as designed.
If i connect some DALSA Genie C1400 Color Cam 2 MP or an Genie M1280 Monchrome 1 MP Cam is not found.
I Guess it depends on the Configuration of the Guid,

public static readonly Guid VideoInputDevice =
new Guid( 0x860BB310, 0x5D01, 0x11D0, 0xBD, 0x3B, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xC9, 0x11, 0xCE, 0x86 );

Both Basler and Genie are GigE Vision Cameras , in this case use allmost the same driver.

Is there a chance to configure the Guid in a way all these Cameras can be used ?.

In the Case i can build an usefull IDE for Machine-Vision Solutions, just i this moment i implement an Customers project i allready solved with an propertery Solution called Sherlock from DALSA.
I am not happy with some buggy Releases and the missing Support for my Problems i got in my Projects with this Software so i start searching for an free Libery i can build my System arround in a way Sherlock do.
There are many Benefits if an Machine-Control System implements there own Machine-Vision System, the Idea is an easy to use Frontend like Sherlock to give all the applicateures for Machine-Vision Projekts an alternative to Cognex, Keyence, Neurovision, Sherlock, Halcon.

Is there an interest to support ? in the way do business together ?.

And some Ideas how to figure out getting the Guid of propertery Hardware like an Genie or Cognex Camera ?

Thanks Markus
jannoxi

Re: How to add a new Type of Camera

Postby andrew.kirillov » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

Hello,

jannoxi wrote:Is there a chance to configure the Guid in a way all these Cameras can be used ?.

No, changing the GUID will no help. In fact, it will break everything - nothing will work at all. None of your cameras. The GUID has nothing to do with types of cameras.

It seems like your Basler camera comes with drivers, which provide DirectShow API. And so it is available from applications using that API. But DALSA may not provide such support. If it does not, then you may need to use native SDK provided by DALSA or whatever API it supports.
With best regards,
Andrew

Interested in supporting AForge.NET Framework?
andrew.kirillov
Site Admin, AForge.NET Developer

Re: How to add a new Type of Camera

Postby jannoxi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am

Hello Andrew,
thanks for your fast answer,
It's not the answer i hope to get :-). Every Camera Provider give an native Way to capture an Picture so this will be the solution.
In the Case of Genie Cams it does not matter because there is an C# Libery for doing this.
In the company i worded for we used the Halcon Solution for grab an Image, they can manage all cameras but Cost 400 Euro for each runtime Lizense.

I am a Freelanzer build Machine-Vision Systems for Automobi Supplier and almost one Year as a Freelanzer and 9 Years at all in this Job.
I guess i'll get an Project i can use an AForge Solution, thats why i do investigate in this. Program a IDE for deploy with an Libery i can just do if i can use it.
If i can manage it, how much money i should charge for each station ?, i really like to get off the Big Player so i like to support companys helping me.
I do deal with the OVC and Emgu... but things are easier with your Lib until now and i need to do develop the Gui's and Conzepts anyway ... so.

I brand new with my IVI Solution (Iannucci-Vision) and got 4 Stations at Costumers Side until now. 3 Costumers (Supplier) at all and the forcast 2 Stations will be ordered soon, a rebuild of 2 i allready done so i guess i need to use the former Solution.
4 Stations , i plan to do with AForge, a brand new. If this conzept works i plan to invest.

Thanks for your Help.
PS. the attachmend shows the first draw of the WPF solution

Bye Markus
Attachments
WPF_Step1.jpg
First steps with AForge
WPF_Step1.jpg (90.73 KiB) Viewed 509 times
jannoxi

Return to AForge.NET Framework